So I have spoken quite extensively about the ill effects of oestrogen dominance of late, so I hear you asking, well how can we fix it? Here are some natural solutions to combat oestrogen dominance and balance your hormone levels.
1. Clean up your diet. Avoid gluten, commercially reared dairy products, sugar, additives and preservatives and processed foods. Also limit alcohol and caffeine. Avoid commercially reared meat, opt for free range, antibiotic free, grass fed.
2. Let medicine be your food. The medicine we need for optimal oestrogen metabolism is inside our food. I usually recommend 7 servings of vegetables per day, include the color spectrum and cruciferous veggies too.
3. Curb your stress response. Excessive stress causes low progesterone which is responsible for an imbalance of oestrogen VS progesterone and will manifest as an oestrogen dominance too. Breathing exercises, yoga, mindfulnes and exercise are great ways to help lower your stress. Getting enough sleep is also very important, 7-8 hours of sleep per night.
4. Mind the plastic. Plastic containers, plastic water bottles and plastic wrappers are a known source of xenoestrogens. Ditch the plastic and opt for glassware where possible.
5. Watch what you put on your skin. Toiletries and beauty products contain many chemicals which can cause imbalances in your oestrogen / progesterone ratio. Always look for natural and organic skin care and makeup products to limit exposure to exogenous oestrogen.
#oestrogen #oestrogendominance #progesterone #femalehealth #femalewellness #healthyhormones #healthydiet #xenoestrogens #dietandlifestyle #beautyproducts #organic #grassfed #freerange #glassisbetter #plasticfree #getenoughsleep #stressmanagement #drchantellgroenewald
*Disclaimer : Health related information provided in these posts are for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or to treat any disease, nor does it replace professional medical advice. Always consult with your primary health care provider if you have any health concerns or queries.